"It is a privilege and also really energising for us to have the opportunity to listen to customers and respond to their changing needs by turning their requirements into something meaningful."
Roz Bird, Commercial Director at Silverstone Park
Businesses and guests at Silverstone Park can now take advantage of a colourful new ‘agile work space’ – designed to provide an attractive place to ‘work, rest and play’.
The colourful work space is designed to add to both the welcome experience and sense of community that developer MEPC has created for customers at the high-tech business estate; these include occupiers, their clientele and industry at large.
MEPC’s Roz Bird, Commercial Director at Silverstone Park, explains: “This newly designed space reflects the personality of our community: a relaxed and modern environment with aspects of a stylish home but also plenty of utilities and creature comforts such as clean work benches and tea and coffee making facilities.
“We’re thinking of naming it the WRaP, standing for ‘Work Rest and Play’ because we are offering a space that can offer these three options.
• Work – because it’s a convenient space between meetings, a perfect location to work day-to-day on an ad hoc basis, with space to make private calls and a comfy sofa area which can be used to give informal presentations
• Rest – because we have created an area where the lights can be dimmed and you can sit by a log fire! This can be somewhere to catch up with your reading or your own thoughts. There’s also seating by the windows so people can bring their lunch, look out at the view and have a well-deserved break from the desk
• Play – we’re planning regular gatherings with free beer, wine and other refreshments where people can chat with friends from work and try their skills on the Playstation™ games
MEPC is also planning to introduce a pop-up space for the business community to get creative with ideas proposed so far ranging from books and food to ‘Wattbikes’ for high intensity interval training (HIIT).
Included in the work space are:
• Relaxing sofa/lounge waiting area
• Acoustic swivel booth for private phone calls
• 8-place kitchen-style work desk with PC and mobile device (USB) power points
• Courtesy high-speed Wi-Fi connection
• Games console (Playstation™)
• 3 bistro tables
• Live TV news feed
• Complimentary light refreshments (tea/coffee)
Roz adds: “It is a privilege and also really energising for us, as a team, to have the opportunity to listen to customers and respond to their changing needs by turning their requirements into something meaningful and practical for them to utilise.
“We are applying this approach when we work with our partners in the Silverstone Technology Cluster and the Oxford-Cambridge Arc: putting customers at the forefront of our thinking, looking for new business opportunities for them and delivering compelling locations to inspire people working and studying in our area.
“We very much look forward to welcoming business people into our new work space and hearing their feedback.”
Ad hoc access to Silverstone Park’s new agile workspace is available at £10 per day and includes complimentary tea and coffee, free WiFi and free parking.
Visit silverstone-park.com for more details on accessing WRaP.