"Used cars are a fantastic option, particularly for those looking to save a bit of money on their purchase."
Scott Burnett, Head of Business at Parks Volvo
A local Volvo retailer is offering top tips for locals considering buying a used car.
The retailer, on Heathfield Road, is keen to reassure drivers in Ayr that the process of purchasing a pre-owned vehicle doesn’t have to be daunting if you know what to consider and what to look out for.
Scott Burnett, Head of Business at Park’s Volvo explains: “Buying a used car is exciting, whether it’s your first car or you’re upgrading to a newer model. Used cars are a fantastic option, particularly for those looking to save a bit of money on their purchase. If motorists do a little research before heading off to forecourts, they can find their ideal car to suit their ideal budget.
“We have compiled a list of top tips for locals considering a used car, to help make the process as smooth and as enjoyable as possible.”
- When you’ve found a car you’re interested in, take it for a test drive so you can get a feel for the car and listen out for any potential issues.
- Think about the future, not just in terms of the mileage you expect to put on the car or how long you aim to have it for, but for any upcoming expenses you may have to pay out for, such as an MoT test.
- Be sure that the history of the vehicle has been verified and that the vehicle has been thoroughly prepared.
- Before signing anything, make sure that the price quoted is the price you’ll pay, as there may be extras required that you hadn’t considered.
- Be aware of sales and offers, as they can help you save even more money on your purchase. While there are little differences when buying from a private seller, most retailers will have seasonal sales and offers that you can take advantage of.
Miles more value
Scott continues: “From Friday 7 June to Monday 10 June 2019, we’re holding a Volvo Selekt approved used car event, giving motorists the opportunity to test drive a range of used models and enjoy 0% APR finance* alongside £100 towards accessories purchased with your car (T&Cs apply).
“It’s a great opportunity for motorists to see what we have on offer, and we hope to find lots of people the right car at the right price.”
At Park’s Volvo, drivers can enjoy the peace of mind that comes with a true Volvo experience. All Volvo Selekt approved-used cars are checked, tested and approved by experts to ensure absolute Volvo quality and authenticity. The retailer uses only genuine Volvo parts and provides a full software upgrade as standard.
All approved-used cars come with a 12-month unlimited mileage warranty and 12-month Volvo Assistance cover as standard. Customers also receive an exchange guarantee, meaning that if they’re not totally satisfied with their car within 30 days or 1,500 miles, Park’s Volvo will exchange it for another car of equivalent value.
For added peace of mind, MoT Test Cover is also included with all approved-used car purchases. This means that when the next MoT test is due, it’s covered for the majority of items which may result in a test failure – even if the first MoT is not due for a couple of years.
Scott adds: “We hope our top tips will give motorists the confidence they need when looking for a used car, and warmly invite those looking for their next car purchase to visit our upcoming event to discover what we have to offer.
“The diverse Volvo range is uniquely equipped to suit different people’s needs and lifestyles. At our Approved Used Car event, motorists will be able to experience the V60, XC60 and a variety of other models for themselves, get familiar with them, and find the one that’s a perfect fit.”
For further information about Park’s Volvo or the Volvo Selekt Approved Used Car Event, please call 01292 653100 or visit www.parks.uk.com/volvo