"TUSK Festival returns for its 9th edition this October, once again bringing its uniquely diverse programme of adventurous international music to the North East of England."
TUSK Festival returns for its 9th edition this October, once again bringing its uniquely diverse programme of adventurous international music to the North East of England.
Continuing its partnership with Sage Gateshead, TUSK again makes full use of the landmark building, its flexible public spaces and truly high-end production values to showcase a TUSK 2019 line-up that is as unwavering as ever. Once more, alongside a truly eclectic and international music menu and TUSK’s trademark slew of UK debuts, festival-goers can again enjoy the festival’s renowned film programme, exhibitions, talks, installations, interactions and more.
The first line-up announcements for TUSK Festival 2019 are:
- Legendary French band MAGMA, performing in Sage One in one of only two UK shows this year to celebrate their 50th anniversary – “truly from another planet” (Julian Cope)
- Electronic music artist and poet MOOR MOTHER and LONDON CONTEMPORARY ORCHESTRA, soundtrackers of countless films by Paul Thomas Anderson and more, premier their new collaboration, first proposed by TUSK and touring after its TUSK premiere
- CEYLON MANGE, the trio of UK underground veterans Karen Constance and Dylan Nyoukis with Bill Nace, best known as half of Body/Head with Kim Gordon
- From Phoenix, Arizona, SUNN TRIO’s sound merges elements of Arabic guitars, free jazz and experimental rock
- Newcastle duo ACRID LACTATIONS bring their unfiltered utterances and spontaneous concrète to TUSK
- Post-minimalist electro-acoustic group MIR8 add Tyneside’s Faye McCalman to their line-up for their North East debut
Many more acts still to be announced, plus films, talks, exhibitions, workshops and after-hours actions and exhibitions at The Old Police House and Workplace Gallery.
Tickets go on sale midday on Monday 25th February from http://www.sagegateshead.com/event/tusk-festival-weekend/.