"The aim of this service is to enable front-line practitioners to resolve cases as quickly as possible in the interests of everyone who is involved."
Leading North West legal practice Forbes Solicitors has joined forces with ADR Mediation and Training to offer independent mediation as part of its housing management services.
ASC Forbes offers Advice, Support and Consultancy for Housing Management and the new partnership offers a range of tailored options and support to help clients develop effective action plans.
ADR Mediation and Training is a community interest company which has grown its reputation and workforce to become one of the leading mediation services in the North of England.
Its staff are supported by a team of volunteer mediators who are all trained to College of Mediators standard.
The new partnership offers a complete case management approach which will help clients:
- Look to tackle the ‘bigger picture’ rather than deal with things in isolation from the rest of the case
- Focus on early intervention
- Avoid delays and provide a faster response to achieve and exceed your organisation’s key performance indicators
- Save money
Darren Burton, Head of the Forbes’ Housing Consultancy Service, based in Chorley, said: “The aim of this service is to enable front-line practitioners to resolve cases as quickly as possible in the interests of everyone who is involved. If a referral is not appropriate for mediation or legal enforcement, we will work with them to identify alternative prevention-based remedies.”
Kim Logan, Director of ADR Mediation and training, said “We are excited to be working in partnership with Forbes Solicitors. This new, joined up approach will see mediation being used more effectively in case management, focusing on early intervention and gaining better results for all.”
As part of the partnership, housing clients also have access to:
- Training for internal staff to become mediators and take on a caseload
- Training for Involved Tenants & Community Associations
- Training for housing practitioners AND partner agencies in ‘hub structures’
- Training all staff on the awareness of effective mediation referrals within their own localities