Leading North West law firm, SAS Daniels has announced that four graduates of its trainee schemes have been offered permanent legal roles at the firm. It has also appointed five new trainees and three apprentices to this year’s schemes as part of its continued growth strategy, rounding off a strong end to the first financial quarter for the firm.
Of the four graduates, two are newly qualified solicitors: Rachel Condie will now work with the firm’s Corporate team, while Aalia Ijaz will join the Wills and Wealth Planning team. The other two are graduates of SAS Daniels’ apprenticeship scheme: Dominic McGovern and Sam Lydon, have been appointed as paralegals and are joining the Residential Property team and Employment Law & HR team respectively. These four new appointments are all based at the firm’s Stockport office.
Chris Swerling, Head of HR, SAS Daniels comments, “We’re delighted to have the opportunity to offer our recent trainees and apprentices a great start to their legal careers”.
“We are fortunate to have trained some promising young legal talent and their appointment to permanent positions will provide us with the expertise we need to support our growing teams. We’re really looking forward to seeing what the future holds for our latest group of trainees and apprentices and wish them well on their journey to a career in law”.
SAS Daniels’ has also appointed eight new recruits to the trainee solicitor and apprenticeship schemes who will be based across all four of the firm’s Cheshire offices.
The latest recruits are:
- Charlie Wood, trainee solicitor, Employment & HR (formerly a paralegal with the firm)
- Lois Hart, trainee solicitor, Residential/Commercial Property (formerly a paralegal with the firm)
- Gemma O’Brien, trainee solicitor, Residential Property
- Alexandra Nortier, trainee solicitor, Dispute resolution
- Katie Hitchen, trainee solicitor, Personal and Family law
- Tom Pollock, apprentice, Residential Property
- Darren Smith, apprentice, Dispute resolution
- Jack Kelly, apprentice, Employment Law & HR