A FAMILY-led business that has brought a unique combination of care and companionship to homecare for the elderly has received the Queen’s Award for innovation.
Homecare provider Home Instead Senior Care will receive the UK’s highest accolade for business success - on Her Majesty The Queen’s 90th birthday on 21st April.
The prestigious award honours the blueprint Home Instead has created which delivers dignified, quality care in the home for older people. Its relationship-led model includes:
· Homecare visits that typically last a minimum of one hour or longer.
· A focus on the value of companionship and trips out alongside practical help with bathing and meal preparation.
· CAREGivers and clients matched according to common hobbies and interests.
The £100 million turnover company was founded by husband-and-wife team Trevor and Sam Brocklebank in 2005. It followed a frustrating search for decent care when Trevor’s grandfather Frank needed support.
Home Instead’s approach to quality care has seen the business grow from the pilot office opened by the Brocklebanks in 2005 - to a franchise network of 175 offices across the UK. As an award-winning franchisor, it has created a ‘family’ of business owners united in the brand’s mission: to change the face of ageing in the UK.
Today, almost 8,000 people are employed across Home Instead’s national operation with five million hours of relationship-led homecare delivered each year to 8,000 elderly clients.
Innovation and best practice in elder care have underlined their model at every step:
· It created a bespoke training course for Dementia Care leading to City & Guilds certification for its CAREGivers.
· Offers free of charge Family Carer Dementia Workshops to help educate families on how to support a loved one living with the condition.
· Runs senior fraud protection initiatives too as part of a wider duty of care to the elderly.
Trevor Brocklebank, Home Instead Senior Care Co-founder and Chief Executive, said: “On behalf of our franchise network we are honoured to receive this prestigious business accolade.
“Together we provide five million hours of relationship-led homecare each year. We couldn’t do this without our dedicated army of CAREGivers on the ground. This award pays testimony to their devotion to our mission to change the face of ageing in the UK.”