"Most of our members have been loyal throughout the pandemic and I am delighted to be welcoming them back. "
The company has undertaken an extensive assessment of the COVID-19 infection risk to members and staff and has made changes to its working practices to reduce the risk as far as practicable and deliver first class, professional services.
The clubs will not be operating a booking system for gym or pools, only for classes, as they have sufficient space and The Bannatyne Group has calculated the maximum number of members it can accommodate safely. The team will be monitoring attendance and has a booking system on standby, ready to use if needed.
- Temperature checks on arrival
- Compulsory wearing of face masks in the clubs except when exercising
- Hand sanitising stations
- Enhanced cleaning procedures
- Cashless transactions using contactless payment or the Bannatyne 360 wristband
- Reduced class sizes and careful class timetabling to ensure there are no bottlenecks and crossovers in corridors and changing areas
- Equipment and CV machines spaced to achieve social distancing and prominent floor markings on the gym floor to remind members about ‘’working out’’ safely
- Water fountains will be out of use and members are advised to bring their own water/drink
- All dining and cafe bar tables will be appropriately spaced to maintain social distancing
- Some lockers will be out of action, together with some showers in order that social distancing is achieved in these areas
- A team member will carry out periodic headcount checks in the pool area, which may result in some people being asked to wait in the changing areas for a few minutes, at busy times, until a space becomes available
- Hot Tubs, Steam Rooms and Saunas will not operate
Duncan Bannatyne said: “I’m absolutely delighted that we can reopen our health clubs.
“A lot of hard work has been going on behind the scenes at all the Bannatyne health clubs to ensure that our large and spacious facilities, which are conducive to social distancing, are safe for members and staff. Although some wet area facilities will remain closed for the time being, we hope to be able to reopen these in the near future
“Most of our members have been loyal throughout the pandemic and I am delighted to be welcoming them back. I’d also like to personally thank the staff who have remained positive through the very difficult last few months, I know they will be as pleased as I am to open the doors again.”