"The more we process and doctor our ingredients, the further food gets from its natural state. Processed food is processed food. And it will never be able to fill the shoes of real food."
Currently we seem to be living in a culture of 'replacement' or enhancement. So many things are added to natural ingredients in the hope of making them better, we are at risk of forgetting why they were so naturally good in the first place. Take the following examples
- Natural flapjacks and cereal bars are replaced by protein bars (have we all become performance athletes?)
- Natural water is replaced by protein waters or sugary flavoured waters (a dentist's delight)
- Real tea is ehanced with vitamin infused tea (as if herbal tea is somehow not good enough in itself!)
- Fresh fruit is turned into dehydrated fruit (surely fruit is perfectly portable enough by itself, without the need for it to be made into bags of "fruit crisps")
- Real vegetables are made into processed vegan mock meats, fish or seafood
- Home made cakes are replaced by protein or collagen infused dough
Whatever happened to 'real food' and real foods that our bodies recognise? Food that naturally give us all of the vitamins, minerals, fibre and protein we need in one handy package? At Zinda Foods each one of our handmade AirWraps contain natural vitamins, minerals protein, fibre and also give you one of your five a day. They taste like natural food too. No artificial flavourings. No added sugars. No added performance enhancing minerals or protein powders. We just carefully take what nature already produces. We select the best great ingredients and combine them with a creativity that uses the wisdom of age-old traditional recipes with a modern, flavourful, health conscious spin.
Next time you go out to lunch, take a moment to be conscious of what's in those snacks or foods that are deemed "better" or "enhanced". Consider how much processing and doctoring may go into them. The more we process and doctor our ingredients, the further food gets from its natural state.
Processed food is processed food. And it will never be able to fill the shoes of "real food".