"We are delighted to welcome back four of the judges from last year, as well as having some new faces join our panel."
The awards, now in its third year, has announced its esteemed panel of judges for 2018 who will be helping to shortlist dishes from across the North, showcasing the finest culinary creations in two categories; Fine Dining and Casual Dining, with all eateries hoping to be in with a chance of winning the coveted 2018 awards.
The 2018 confirmed panel includes;
· Karen Burns-Booth, freelance food writer and editor of blog Lavender and Lovage
· Tara Harris, director of The Yorkshire Food Guide
· Lauren Archer, blogger at Scran on the Tyne
· Jo Cooksey, editor of Taste Today
· Yvonne Goldsmith, food and drink writer at I Love Manchester
· Renate Ruge, freelance food journalist
· Corin Bell, director of Real Junk Food Project
· Oliver Zebedee-Howard, owner and managing director of specialist food creative agency, Shoot the Moon
· Lee Isherwood, founder editor of Manchester’s Finest
· Henry Stephenson, managing director of the Food Porn Awards headline sponsor, Stephensons
The judging panel has been appointed to decide the winners following a public vote, an element of the awards which has been introduced for the first time. The images will initially be shortlisted down to 30 per category by the food photography experts at STM Photography; the public will then have their say via an online vote, which will determine the final six from each category. It will then be up to the esteemed judges to decide on the most deserving winners for the 2018 Food Porn Awards.
Phil Marshall, STM managing director and curator of the Food Porn Awards, said: “We are delighted to welcome back four of the judges from last year, as well as having some new faces join our panel. This year sees the panel expand to include some influential northern food bloggers, as well as Corin Bell, who spoke passionately about her fight against food waste at the 2018 Food Porn Awards launch event earlier this summer.
“With the awards now launched across the North East, our judges will have an even harder job choosing from a wider selection of delicious looking dishes. We know there is a lot of talent in the North East and we look forward to showcasing this at this year’s Food Porn Awards.”
Sponsors and partners for this year’s awards include catering equipment supplier, Stephensons, specialist food photographers STM Photography and social media agency STM Social. For more information on the awards and how to enter, including full terms and conditions, please visit www.foodpornawards.co.uk.