" All washed down with a pint of your choice - all for just 11.95. For the week of the final only."
Debbie Murray GM of Tom Halls Tavern
To celebrate International Burger Day on Tuesday 28th May, Liverpool City Centre based sports bar, Tom Halls Tavern, has created a Champions League Burger. In honour of Liverpool FC reaching the Champions League Final in Madrid on June 1st Tom Halls, which is known for its huge range of burgers on the menu, tasked head chef Adrian Korenci with coming up with a new burger. The Champions League Grand Burger Meal is made up of:-
300g of pure beef
Melted Red Leicester cheese
Jack Daniel’s sauce & fries.
Debbie Murray GM of Tom Halls Tavern said "All washed down with a pint of your choice - all for just £11.95. For the week of the final only."
Tom Hall’s Tavern is named after a professional boxer from Liverpool who competed between 1926 and 1929. The original bar was open at the same site for just under three decades before closing in 1988.Reopened in 2016 as a Sports and Live Music bar under the same name..
International Hamburger Day is a day to celebrate one of the cornerstone foods of Western civilization – the hamburger! While this food was initially invented in Germany, it’s popularity has spread like wildfire throughout the United States and Canada. Which is probably why May 28th was earmarked as a day to celebrate the burger.
- Hamburgers account for almost half of all sandwiches sold
- Americans consumer over 50 billion burgers a year
- McDonald’s sells 75 burgers each second (or 270,000 burgers an hour!)
- The oldest burger chain in the United States is White Castle
- Cheese became a popular addition to hamburgers during the 1920s
- American GI’s during WWII tried to rename hamburgers as “Liberty Sandwiches”