"We know that women make fantastic butchers and yet its difficult to recruit women into the role."
Butchery has traditionally been a male dominated sector. There are around 6,000 independent butchers across the UK* but women are significantly under represented in the sector. Premium London butcher Parson’s Nose, and global food TV company Planet Eat aim to change perceptions.
You will have the wonderful opportunity to win an apprenticeship at Parson’s Nose and to be the face of a new TV series with the aim of inspiring more young women to choose a career in butchery. No previous experience is needed to enter, just passion, enthusiasm and the conviction the help get more women into butchery. Entry is open to women under the age of 30 and the winner will receive a fabulous package:
- £2,500 prize money
- £20,000 annual salary as an apprentice at one of Parson’s Nose butchery shops in Fulham, Putney or South Kensington
- Planet Eat will make a TV series on you which will be broadcast on over 50 channels globally
- You will become a UK Butchery Ambassador, touring events and schools to motivate and inspire women to enter the world of butchery as well as a whole lot more.
- Media and communications training from experts at Planet Eat Media.
To discover more about the competition to find a new female butcher / ambassador please visit Women in The Food Industry's website.
* According to research by the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board