"These awards have been introduced to showcase the very best individuals, skilled teams and companies in project management, both in the private and public "
Chris Field, Chair of the PMI UK
PMI UK (Project Management Institute), part of the world’s leading project management organisation PMI Global, has extended the deadline of its National Project Awards to 5th October 2019.
This is the first time that PMI UK, which is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, has held its own Awards, which shine a light on the achievements of professional project, portfolio and programme managers and their teams across the UK.
The Awards are open to any organisation, team or individual, without the need to be a PMI member. Projects can be of any size, type and from any industry and judges are looking for superior performance through the application of project management; superior organisational results and/or positive impacts on the community or organisation.
Chris Field, Chair of the PMI UK, explains: “These awards have been introduced to showcase the very best individuals, skilled teams and companies in project management, both in the private and public sector. There are no restrictions on the industry sector and we are encouraging as many people as possible to enter.”
He adds: “These awards are a way of showcasing excellence and an exemplary approach. The celebratory event will be a great chance to network with other like-minded individuals and companies and raise your profile within the industry – and on a national basis.”
There are 11 PMI National Project Award categories, including:
· PMI UK Project of the Year Award [Public Sector]
· PMI UK Project of the Year Award [Large Private Enterprise]
· PMI UK Project of the Year Award [Small & Medium Private Enterprise]
· PMO of the Year Award
· Innovation in Project Management Award
· Project Management for Social Good Award [Corporate Social Responsibility]
· Project management for Social Good Award [Community Advancement]
· Project Professional of the Year Award
· Young Project Professional of the Year Award
· Teaching Excellence Award
· Project Management Literature Award
PwC is the headline sponsor, with a glittering awards ceremony planned to take place in London in November.
To enter the PMI (UK) Awards, visit: https://pmi.org.uk/awards
For more information on becoming a PMI (UK) Member, visit: https://pmi.org.uk/ or call: 020 8751 5626.